Sunday, June 26, 2011

Naps, Church and Food

Today we went to the early service at church.  Our early service at Second Baptist Lancaster starts at 8am.  Lauren and I try to make it every Sunday, but usually sleep gets the better of us and we end up going to the later service after Sunday school.  I was unable to sleep last night and saw 2:30 on the clock.  So when Lauren tried woke me up at 7:00, I was really not feeling getting up and going to church; however, I am so glad that I did.  The Thin Red Line Midpoints Celebration was awesome.  I could feel the Holy Spirit in the place and was just overwhelmed with a great service.

After we got home we lay down and took a nap.  Lauren sleep for a whopping 4 hours.  I was not far behind by sleeping just under 3 hours.  I HATE napping.  I always have the worse time trying to sleep the next night and I always feel like I have wasted a day.  I especially feel that today, as it feels like summer is ending faster and faster.  It seems so short.

Today, I ate more than I normally do.  I feel like I just couldn't get enough to eat.  I think that it was because we were in such a rush that I couldn't eat my normal large breakfast.  Instead, I had a bowl of Greek Vanilla yogurt with blackberries and a banana.  For lunch we went to Subway and brought home subs.  I ended up getting a foot long sub, because I was so hungry.  I got the alvacodo Turkey and Bacon sub.  For supper, again I was starving.  I grilled a piece of chicken along with some shirmp kabobs, which I served over saffron rice.  Along with this I had sauteed veggies.  I realize now how important the large breakfast is to keeping my hunger down for the most of the day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment