Saturday, June 25, 2011

Avatar: The Last Airbender

I am sure that many of you heard of The Last Airbender movie that came out from M. Knight Shyamalan last summer.  I was so excited when it came out, because Griffin and I had found the cartoon, Avatar: The Last Airbender,  on Instant for Netflix and we loved it.  We spent countless days watching a few episodes at a time until we finished the series.


This summer Griffin decided to watch the series again, and I have gotten to watch some of my favorite episodes.  I forgot how great the cartoon was and how great the characters in the show were.  I am a sucker for a good characters.  It seems that everything (books, movies, tv shows, even cartoons) that I am drawn to have the best characters.  Characters that are not perfect, but believable. 

The movie The Last Airbender was a disappointment.  The truly great characters, which made the animated series feel like it was more than a cartoon were absent in the movie.  So I am glad that I got another chance to watch the animated series.  I recommend it for anyone, whether you have children or not.  It is truly a great show. 

I am also excited about the upcoming extension to the series.  Avatar: The Legend of Korra, which is slated to come out sometime fall 2011.  Its story happens after the death of Aang and with the next Avatar and is set in a more advanced society with a roaring twenty like feel.  Griffin and I are counting down the days until it hits the airwaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment